What is Skin Pen Microneedling?
Skin pen microneedling by Crown Aesthetics is a practice that helps reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and scarring around the face, neck, and body. Skin Pen does this by increasing collagen production, creating healthier skin tissues.
Skin pen microneedling is FDA-approved, meaning it is clinically tested and proven effective. This treatment is about one hour, and practitioners will recommend anywhere from one to three treatment sessions.
One of the benefits of skin pen micro-needling entails that it requires minimal downtime following a treatment. Some inflammation or redness will appear around the treated area, lasting about 24 to 72 hours after your session. You will be able to resume wearing makeup after 24 hours.
How does Skin Pen Microneedling work?
1. The provider will first cleanse the targeted area. Topical anesthesia will also be applied to reduce discomfort.
2. The provider then applies a lift of hydrogen material around the targeted spot. The gel allows the pen to move smoothly across your skin.
3. After the provider cleanses the area, the provider will apply the SkinPen microneedling device to the region.
4. The device produces controlled micro-injuries around the targeted area. These micro-injuries entail the creation of microscopic channels that move into the dermis.
5. The newly formed channels will release growth factors and cytokines necessary to produce collagen and elastin within the skin.
The treatment process allows collagen and elastin to form so that it becomes easier for the skin to recover and reduce the appearance of acne scars and wrinkles. The skin cells and connective tissues become more substantial as more collagen appears, producing smoother and more hydrated skin.
What areas can I treat with Skin Pen Microneedling?
Skin pen microneedling is suitable for use on the face, neck, and body. Some of the more common spots where skin pen microneedling can work include:
• Face, neck, and hands
• Deep folds, stretch marks, and surgical scars
The SkinPen system supports a variable needle depth setup, making it versatile enough to handle various areas. The system can use deeper needles in areas that aren’t as sensitive, so your provider can adjust how the pen works before starting based on what areas need treatment.
How many sessions are necessary?
Every patient will have different needs for using skin pen microneedling. You could notice immediate benefits after one use, but it might take up to three sessions to get the best results.
Each session is done four weeks apart from each other.
Your practitioner will discuss how many treatments you’ll require before starting.
Patients with more noticeable wrinkles or acne scars will likely require additional sessions to get the best results.
SkinPen Microneedling Pre-Procedure instructions
- Avoid sun exposure/burns twenty-four (24) hours before treatment.
- Discontinue the use of retinoids twelve (12) hours before treatment.
- You should not have an active breakout, cold sores, or open lesions. If this occurs, your practitioner will reschedule your treatment.
- Wait six (6) months following isotretinoin (Accutane) use.
- Wait at least forty-eight (48) hours before or after neurotoxin treatment to have medical microneedling treatment.
- Wait at least one (1) week before or after any dermal fillers.
- Wait at least one (1) month before or after laser treatments or chemical peels.